Tuesday 13 November 2012

TUBESDAY: Kids and Body Image

So my second ever vlog is of course as promised, about talking to and teaching your kids about body image. Now I'm not an expert, so this is coming from my personal experiences and the things I wish my mother would have done for me to make my life easier. Teenagers are going through enough without being cut down or made to feel worse or more conflicted about their bodies by their parents. A parent is a teacher, a cheerleader, and a safety net to catch them when they fall, not the one that pushes them. Also, I apologise for the animal noises courtesy of my dogs and cat, and the constant clanging of my bangle on the table - next week I'll remember to take it off!


So there you have it, my advice on kids and body image. As with all advice, take nothing as a must and everything as an option, the only person who knows what's best for your kid is you.

Next week: my conversation with a man about women!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment