Thursday 1 November 2012

You get by with a little help from your friends

So I wanted to take the time today to tell you about an amazing group of women who I have recently had the pleasure and good fortune to come in contact with. Black Milk Clothing is one of my favourite fashion brands, and they are based in my home town, Brisbane, so it's nice to keep supporting my old community when I shop with them. They make amazing leggings, swimsuits, bodysuits, skirts, and dresses, and they also attract some amazing fans from all across the globe. The Black Milk Mummies group are a bunch of women brought together by our love of one fashion house, and our amazing feat of bringing another life or lives into this world.

We are often inundated by one another's photo bombs, photos of our favourite pieces, outfits of the day, our children, random funny things, and yesterday, baby bumps. Today however, was a day for sharing our post-baby bellies, for sharing the good, the bad, and what so many of us would call the ugly. It has been such an amazing show of women supporting women, love sharing, and a celebration of the female form. We put aside our body hang ups, posting photos of our stretch marks, scars, belly flab, and over hang, in a show of support for each other. It has been amazing to learn that I'm not alone, I'm not the only one who can pick up her belly and fap it against itself and make a noise, or who's covered in stretch marks like some kind of strange albino zebra. 

I am so proud to be a part of such a hands down awesome group of women from all over the globe, all ages, and all walks of life. Thank you to all of my fellow BM milfies for being so purely wonderful, brave, beautiful, and for not judging my horrifying belly photos! You have all given me a place that I feel safe to share my hang ups in, and for putting a smile on my face every day. We may not all be perfect, we may not all be sane, but we are all beautiful.

And for the first time ever here, I'll post a picture of my mummy tummy. I hate the way it looks, but I would never change the reason why it's there. 




xx


No comments:

Post a Comment